The Value of Health Insurance for Small Businesses
No matter what challenges your small business might face, when it comes to finding health insurance, all you need to do is start with the basics. Many people don’t understand the fundamental aspects of small business health insurance or how it works. You might know that you need it, but do you know why?
Before you can make an informed health insurance purchasing decision, you need to know the ways health insurance for small businesses can benefit your business. Health insurance protects small businesses in a few significant ways:
1. Protects Your Finances
Health insurance can give you many cost-saving opportunities and help to protect your finances.
- Discounted medical rates – Without coverage, your average doctor’s visit can be met with extremely high fees. Insurance companies negotiate rates with healthcare providers to ensure a more affordable alternative.
- Unexpected cost shield – Although certain health plans may require that you pay some costs out of pocket, your coverage can remove the risk of bankruptcy in case of injury or hospitalization.
2. Protects Your Health
This might seem like a no-brainer, but have you considered the many ways that health insurance can protect your health?
- Quality care access – When you are a member of a health insurance plan, you’re given access to a wide network of healthcare providers.
- Critical care provision – If you have a life-threatening condition or illness and you have health insurance, you won’t be required to make an up-front payment before you can receive necessary treatment.
- A healthier lifestyle – When you know preventative care isn’t a cost issue thanks to your health insurance, you’re more likely to become more active and take advantage of regular checkups.
3. Protects Your Business
It’s true; health insurance can help protect your business, too.
- Recruit and retain – Employer-sponsored group health plans are a valuable addition to your total compensation package. The right benefits can help you hire and retain the best employees for your business.
- Personal cost shield – As a small business owner, nothing can cripple your business quite like unexpected medical expenses. Health insurance limits your personal liability for medical costs and ultimately helps you keep your business thriving.
At Shop Benefits, we know how daunting small business health insurance can be. That’s why we’re here – to help navigate your company through the group healthcare buying process and provide you with insight into what benefits are best for you and your employees.
Shopbenefits.com is committed to making insurance easier and more accessible for businesses of all shapes and sizes. With us, we won’t just give you the link, but we will be there to give a helping hand whenever you need it.
Contact us for your complimentary review or call (404) 256-2171 and ask for Al Schiebel to see what option is best for your business. Get your affordable quote today!